Sustainable competitiveness in business services
Estonia offers distinctive opportunities for business service centres for both in-house and
outsourced solutions. Estonia is the emerging Nordic location and an excellent gateway between Northern, Western and Eastern Europe and Russia.
Estonia offers sustainable, high-quality; competitive costs and low risk solutions for BPO, IT and financial services shared service centres, customer and technical support centres.
- Quality technical skills
- Foreign language skills
- Competitive costs and taxes
- Cutting-edge ICT infrastructure
- Strategic location and global vision
- Easy to do business
- Low risk: economic & political stability
- Room for growth: a sustainable solution
- Supporting your investment
Business environment in Estonia
- Estonia's economy offers key opportunities for companies in a number of sectors including ICT, electronics, machinery and metalworking, wood processing, logistics/transport and food. The R&D elements of these activities are supported by the country's 10 universities and 25 higher education colleges, which collectively provide a source of graduates, often fluent in English, Swedish, Russian, Finnish and German.
- Estonia has been ranked 16th in the Index of Economic Freedom (2012, Wall Street Journal/The Heritage Foundation), 24th in the Ease of Doing Business Report (2012, World Bank), and 33th in the Global Competitiveness Report (2012, World Economic Forum).
- Estonia has some of the highest credit ratings in the region (Fitch IBCA, Standard & Poor's, Moody's).
- Estonia is a member of euro area as of January 1, 2011.
- 0% corporate income tax is imposed on all reinvested earnings in Estonia.
- The Estonian cost level is still significantly lower than that of neighbouring Scandinavian countries.
- In Estonia, all capital is treated equally, foreign or domestic.
- Estonia is a member of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and the New York Convention.
- Estonia is the leading country in Central and Eastern Europe in terms of attracting foreign direct investments.
- Estonia is one of the leading countries in the world in creating and implementing e-government solutions and cyber security.